Did you know that women of colour are at 3-4 times greater risk of dying in childbirth in North America than white women? And it has nothing to do with their socioeconomic status, education and so on. This is a major problem, one that white people -- especially white providers-- need to be paying attention to. Doula Sabia Wade (@thebalckdoula on IG) Joins us today to talk about why this is happening and what we can do TODAY to help make a difference!
What You'll Learn
- What it means to have privilege
- What microaggressions are and how they’re harmful
- How to be aware of your own privilege or biases
- Ways that implicit bias impacts our medical systems
- The elevated risks for women of colour during labour and postpartum
- Ways you can be an ally and help people of colour