Intrusive thoughts are thoughts that seem to become stuck in the mind. They usually cause distress, as the nature of the thought may be upsetting. Up to as many of 50% of pregnant and postpartum women experience these thoughts, but due to their nature, many are too ashamed to talk about them. Join Marriage and Family therapist Dr. Cassidy Freitas and I as we dive deep into these thoughts and how to help improve them.
What You'll Learn
- What intrusive thoughts are
- Where these thoughts come from
- Whether you get rid of these thoughts
- Whether we experience these thoughts outside of postpartum
- What amplifies these thoughts
- The things that help lessen these thoughts