From the outside, everyone saw her as a successful woman and mother. Melissa met her partner when she was 19, had six children, and co-founded a well-known global toy company. But her happiness was far from the truth as she battled depression and kept it hidden for many years. Melissa was feeling smothered and resentment was building as she was sacrificing her own dreams to serve others. Join Melissa and I as we talk about her personal journey with depression, how she was able to become the woman and mother her kids needed, and why finding and accepting her true self was so important.
What You'll Learn
- The reality of the adjustment to motherhood
- What it was like for Melissa to build a company while raising her family
- How martyrdom affects you as a mother
- The challenges of depression and anxiety
- Advice for women who have hidden struggles (even though they might appear to be successful)
- Importance of following your own passions and desire