Do you ever wonder if your child has sensory sensitivities? Do you feel like your child gets overstimulated? Are you curious about how to foster your child’s independence in play and problem-solving? In this episode occupational therapist, Dr. Allie Tickin teaches us about the eight senses (yes, I said EIGHT), and how to help develop these senses through play. Dr. Allie also helps us to understand what overstimulation of the senses looks like and how to best support our child when this happens.
What You'll Learn
- What our EIGHT senses are
- What sensory play is and why it is so important
- What is overstimulation of the senses and what does that look like
- How does open-ended play engage your child’s senses
- How young you can start sensory play
- Why it’s important for kids to have time to play freely and explore using their senses